I didn’t have time to post last week so this is actually “good reads for the fortnight.” Lots of great stuff out lately. Amazing podcasts, great articles, videos, and blogposts. Keep up the great work fitness community!
Bret Contreras Articles
1. The Hypertrophy Specialist – This is an interview I did with Brad Schoenfeld on T-Nation on hypertrophy training.
2. Here’s Part I of a S & C Coaches Roundtable that I did with Jim Kielbaso on his Ultimate Strength& Conditioning site. This was a great roundtable! The best part is that it included expertise from actual strength coaches (not just posers like me). For the entire article, you can sign up for a free 7-day trial on the site and access the entire roundtable by clicking here. There’s a lot of great information on this site for strength coaches. I’ve spoken to Jim on the phone and find him to be extremely intelligent and well-versed. I highly recommend that you check out this site. read more
These blogposts have become increasingly difficult lately as I’ve been super-busy. I picked up a couple more personal training clients, have gained a bunch of new online clients, my Graduate Biomechanics Course is picking up steam, and I’m still trying to write articles, read an occasional journal article, and lift weights 4-6 times per week. And I’ve been slammed working on something else…which I’ll keep as a surprise for now, but I’ll update you in a few weeks (it’s not a product or anything like that). I’m in desperate need of a vacation! Here are the Good Reads for the Week: read more
Is it me or is the strength-training industry getting more badass? Here are a bunch of good reads from the past couple of weeks. There is so much good stuff in here it could turn Pee Wee Herman into Ronnie Coleman overnight! Here are 127 links for which you’d better be grateful – I spent 7 hours on this blog tonight!
Bret Contreras Articles
1. Bret Contreras – Leg Press vs. Squat: The Final Chapter
2. Bret Contreras – Best Three Exercises for the Three Powerlifts
3. Quick Four-Question Interview With Bret Contreras on Hank Ebeling’s Site
Article of the Week
4. Tony Gentilcore – Excelling at the Big Lifts read more
Tons of great stuff this week! The “Internet Whore of the Week” award obviously goes to Eric Cressey – unless you’ve been in hiding in a cave then you know he released his new eBook called “Show and Go.” Somehow Eric conducted dozens of interviews and kicked ass in every one of them. Eric is the real-deal. Smitty from the Diesel Crew created a cool exercise index based off of his numerous Youtube videos. Surprisingly I picked an article off Dr. Mercola’s site as the “Article of the Week.” Here are 126 links for your reading/viewing/listening pleasure. read more