There are 5 primary ways to perform a compound exercise:
- In a manner that best targets a particular muscle
- In a manner that allows for the greatest load to be lifted at the moment (acutely)
- In a manner that allows for the greatest load to be lifted in the long run (longitudinally)
- In a manner that best distributes the stress amongst the various joints and is generally the safest
- In a manner that will best transfer to a particular sport
In the video below, I go through some important considerations with regards to squatting and deadlifting mechanics, and I would like for my readers to watch this. I originally filmed this for my Get Glutes girls, which is why I began with “Hey Ladies.” Then I decided to post it on my YouTube channel. Sorry to any bros who are watching, I don’t mean to offend!