Hello fitness friends! I am super excited about today’s post. Some of you may remember a couple of months ago when I posted a blog mentioning that I was seeking to hire assistants. Well, I ended up hiring three guys! One of the benefits of working your ass off all the time is that you don’t have any time to spend money. Therefore, I was able to save up enough money to build a kick ass research and training facility (and hire amazing workers). We call our facility The Glute Lab.
Over the course of the next year, we will be learning as much as possible about individual exercises and various training methods. In Part II of this series, we will discuss and showcase our technology and laboratory equipment. Needless to say, we will be bringing you some incredible information and reporting a ton of exciting data throughout the year.
This is the gang. I freakin’ love our team. We’ve got some serious talent among us! Please follow the guys on social media!
- Masters of Science in Exercise Science with concentration in Strength and Conditioning from East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Thesis-The Effect of Chain Loaded Resistance on Mechanical Variables During the Squat Compared to Constant External Resistance in Recreationally Active College-Aged Males
- Westside Barbell Special Strengths Coach and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) with the NSCA
- Intern under Louie Simmons at Westside Barbell & Joe Carini at Carini’s House of Iron
- Experience with a variety of clients ranging from adolescents to elite athletes in a variety of settings including commercial gyms, corporate fitness and sports performance facilities
- Personal gym records include: 495 squat, 330 bench and 535 deadlift
- Holds Westside Barbell’s box jump record (with approach) of 63.5″ inches
- B.S. Exercise Science from Cal State-Long Beach, Presidents List 6 Semesters
- 11 years training Experience
- 2000+ personal training sessions rendered since 2011
- 2013 USPA, CA State Champion at 181lbs
- Personal gym records include: 505 squat, 340 bench, 495 deadlift
- Personal competition records include: 482 squat, 315 bench, 472 deadlift
- 3rd year Kinesiology student and Biomechanics researcher at ASU
- Strength and Nutrition Coach for The Strength Guys
- Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
- NSCA-CPT and FMS Level 1 Certified
- Former Software Engineer
- Former High School Mathematics Teacher
- NSCA CSCS certified
- Master’s Degree from ASU
- Currently Attaining PhD in Sports Science/Biomechanics from AUT University
- Inventor of The Hip Thruster (and Patent)
- Co-Author of Strong Curves
- Author of Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy
- Co-Owner of Strength and Conditioning Research
- Co-Owner of Get Glutes
- Co-Producer of The Strength of Evidence Podcast
- Co-Producer of The B & B Connection
Some of our strength training equipment includes a hip thruster, squat stands, power rack, bumper plates, hex bar, reverse hyper, 45 degree hyper, hip kicker, Cybex hack squat, Cybex leg press, bands, chains, dumbbells and some BIG kettlebells.
Here’s a video of our facility:
Stay tuned for part II where we’ll show off our lab equipment and demonstrate how we collect data.