Hello fitness friends,
I have some very exciting news to share with you.
My new 2 x 4: Maximum Strength program is near completion.
I will be releasing this program on March 10th.
Coming soon – March 10
I can’t tell you how long and hard I’ve worked on this. In the past year and a half, I have:
- Joined the strongest gym in Arizona (Revolution Training System) to mingle and talk shop with powerlifters, strongmen, and weightlifters
- Read hundreds of journal articles on maximum strength training
- Conducted an extensive analysis of anecdotal knowledge of maximal strength training by reading and watching hundreds of articles and videos of leading experts in the fields of powerlifting, strongman, weightlifting, and general strength training
- Analyzed hours upon hours of video footage of elite strongmen, powerlifters, and weightlifters
- Analyzed every popular maximal strength training program to note similarities and differences in program design variables
- Formulated The Glute Lab to conduct numerous experiments using EMG, force plate, and video capture
- Piloted the program with experienced lifters and powerlifters
- Revamped and modified the 2 x 4 program for 18 straight months until I was finally satisfied
The program will include a ton of goodies and bonuses, including:
- The 14-week 2 x 4: Maximal Strength Training Program
- A quick-reference guide to over 140 exercises, with full descriptions, pictures, cues, and video tutorials for every single exercise
- A quick-reference guide for the 36 safest exercises, with full descriptions, pictures, cues, and video tutorials for every single exercise
- A Cues for Big Lifts document discussing the best cues for the squat, bench press, and deadlift exercises, with video links to an extensive video tutorial for each big lift
- An extensive FAQ manual
- An extensive How to Warm Up guide with pictures and video links
- A 2 x 4 Personal Records Tracker Sheet
- A Biomechanics of the Squat and Deadlift manual – teaching you how form and anatomy affects joint loading (this is the most extensive manual I’ve seen on the topic)
- A manual teaching lifters how to adapt the program for different goals and preferences
- A nutritional guide teaching caloric and macronutrient calculation with sample plans
- and more
As you can tell, I’m extremely excited about this product. In fact, I think it’s my best work to date.
Though this product has the Bret Contreras name on it, it relies heavily on the knowledge I’ve gained from my training partners and colleagues.