Hi fitness folks! Do you know the answer to the January S&C research review questions? If not, you ought to subscribe to our research review service. To subscribe, just click on the button below and follow the instructions…
Strength & Conditioning, Power and Hypertrophy
- Is Olympic weightlifting the best way to improve vertical jump height?
- Is the PAP effect on vertical jump height caused by central factors?
- Are short rest periods best for increasing muscle size?
- Does reducing fatigue by using intra-set rest periods affect strength gains?
- How do different repetition ranges affect changes in muscle fiber type?
- Is there more than one type of block periodization?
- How do aerobic training, resistance training, and concurrent training help obese adolescents?
- How many people fail to respond to sprint interval training?
- Can hill sprints help semi-professional soccer players improve both fitness and strength?
- Does self-reported mental toughness predict scores on objective tests of perseverance?
- Is trunk muscle strength associated with athletic performance?
Biomechanics & motor control
- Which biomechanical factors increase when jump height improves?
- Is the jump squat a better predictor of jump height than the push press?
- Can external cues help improve jump height in elite high jumpers?
- Can combining augmented feedback and external focus of attention enhance jump height?
- What biomechanical factors drive performance for 100m sprint finalists?
- How do the mid-acceleration and the maximum velocity phases of sprinting differ?
- Does hypertrophy increase muscle moment arms?
- Does “the increasing role of the hips” apply to stair climbing speeds?
- Is the kettlebell swing a good exercise for the gluteus maximus?
- Does one workout with an enhanced-eccentric exercise provide a protective effect over a similar workout, four weeks later?
- Does nine days of daily drop jump exercise increase tendon size?
Anatomy, physiology & nutrition
- Can muscle growth happen within 4 weeks of barbell training?
- Is hypertrophy actually greatest in the earliest phase of resistance training?
- Is the thermic effect of food bigger in the morning than in the evening?
- Does resting metabolic rate reduce after shorter sleep duration?
- Does daily overfeeding from protein supplementation improve body composition?
- Does protein supplementation increase lean body mass in female collegiate athletes?
- Do higher doses of protein produce bigger anabolic responses than moderate doses?
- Can vitamin D supplementation help reduce the effects of damaging exercise?
- Is greater eating frequency associated with an increased risk of obesity?
- Is greater eating frequency associated with an increased risk of central adiposity?
- Are appetite hormones different in obese individuals?
- Do high load and high volume workouts have different effects on plasma volume?
- Is there an association between changes in testosterone and body fat after resistance training?
- Does aerobic exercise help reduce the stress response to psychological stressors?
- Can adaptogenic supplements help elite athletes adapt to stress?
- Is a lack of vigorous physical activity an independent risk factor for all-cause mortality?
Physical therapy & rehabilitation
- How do static, dynamic and PNF stretching affect performance?
- How do static and dynamic stretching produce changes in ROM?
- Can using a strap help increase improvements in ankle-dorsiflexion ROM?
- Do temperature and time affect reductions in DOMS produced by cold water immersion?
- Can massage change passive plantar flexor stiffness?
- Is intrinsic foot muscle volume smaller in runners with plantar fasciitis?
- How should hamstring muscle injuries be rehabilitated?
- Does the force–velocity profile during sprinting alter before or after hamstring injury?
- Can the Copenhagen adduction exercise improve eccentric hip adduction strength?
- How should neuromuscular electrical stimulation be used to strengthen the quadriceps?
- How does superimposed EMS affect long-term physiological adaptations to resistance training?
- How does superimposed EMS affect strength and performance gains after strength training?
To subscribe to our research review, click on the button below: